Saturday, July 19, 2008

Good tunes, sunny days

IMG_8653Well today was a beautiful day! So I could not stay inside, hopped on the bike plugged the iPod in slapped on the brain bucket and head down the hill to the viking ship and hung a right!

Speaking of music, I have been a long time listener to Eve-Radio, and it seems the more i listen to them the broader my music tastes gets. Eve-Radio is not a commercial radio station, it is a all volunteer station run on the web. So the DJ are literally scattered around the world and do there show from where ever they are. They maintain a In-game chat channel where listeners can chat with the DJ's. This is the future of radio, the radio station becomes a 2 way communication channel and the shows are richer because of it. Anyway back to the music, and less about the social aspects. I heard this song on there the other day All Summer Long and I loved it. So I went looking for it and downloaded it from iTunes. Then I went looking for some of the artists other works. I HATED them all, the artist btw is Kid Rock, if you don't know him he is into very hard metal rock and rap.

But I now have a new song on my iPod that I would never have found if it wasn't for a internet radio station that broadcasts everything, and not just the top 40 charts.

But back to the biking, the road led along the coast of the bay and then into a more industrial area.
IMG_8658
It got allot less interesting, but I had found out what was this direction. Also road by a movie theater that I had been to, but didn't know where it was :) Stopped at a little turn out where they had a Metal plate on a post with a compass rose, and along the edges they had landmarks in relieve, and all the mountains, from the center out was lines that named all the peaks, I recognized a few. It was cool!

I turned around at that point and headed back towards the office to do a bit of work before going to see Hell Boy 2 at Haskalabio (it is a movie theater). And there was a section of the sea wall, why is it a sea wall when it isn't on a sea?, were all the rocks where super smooth.
IMG_8679

It was need they must have taken the rocks from the ocean at some point.

Anyway after work and heading home this is the end of a day of adventure, and listening to good music all day.
IMG_8651

Good night all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, two comments on this post:

1. 'All Summer Long' is a top 40 song here. It's getting an annoying amount of play on pretty much all the radio stations here. Honestly, I don't much like it, or any of the rest of his work. Although, if you can find it, Kid Rock did a duet with Sherryl Crow that I do like...

2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Sea Wall is on the edge of the sea... That makes it a sea wall because it's job is to keep the sea on the sea side, and off the trail on the land side. Head down there on a stormy day. You'll see what I mean. Might also explain why the stones look like they have been rounded by the ocean. :-)

Sarf's Travels. said...

The Section of really smooth rocks is about 15 feet long and is only the rocks on the land side.

I suspect the hand of man in there positioning :)


the song is starting to wear on me also and might get tossed from my favorites soon :)