Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Volcano Update and scuba

Well the volcano has been active and grown a bit, the magma chamber is still increasing pressure so it is anticipated to keep going for a while.

Video

In scuba news did the first outdoor dive and it did not go well.

First the water was 2.2C deg, but that was OK. As some of you know I have never been comfortable with tight things around my neck (mom can attest to my dislike of dress shirts and ties!

Well the Dry suite has a very tight rubber neck, and coupled with a bit small hood I felt like I was being choked. I was fine paddling around on the surface, but when 10M down I was very uncomfortable and I apparently hadn't been inflating my dry suite properly, but that was besides the point.

The neck thing was what was really bothering me and as a result I was very focused internally and not paying attention to my suroundings. So I surfaced and sat out the rest.

Finni will try and find a bigger dry suite for me and hopefully with less pressure on my neck I will be able to pay attention and complete my dive.

I think i will bow out of the diving in mexico if I can just to be safe. Don't want to pay alot of money for something I won't be able to do.

Going to see if I can change it to the trip to the old ruins.

No comments: